The schedule is subject to change. All events, unless otherwise noted, are at the event hotel, the Holiday Inn Downtown (Market Square) located at 318 West César E. Chávez Blvd, There will be a hospitality room on the 2nd floor of the hotel.
FRIDAY, 24 February 2017
The 10km route will visit the River Walk, La Villita, the Alamo, El Mercado, Main Plaza. The 6km route includes Main Plaza, Aztec Theater, Texas Ranger Museum, Majestic Theater and El Mercado.
- 9:00-11:00 AVA Headquarters (1001 Pat Booker Road, Suite 101, Universal City, TX 78148) will be hosting a open house. AVA HQ is about 20 miles northeast of the event hotel, so if you are from out of town it is a GREAT opportunity to tour the HQ and meet the staff. If you have questions, call them directly at 210.659.2112.
- 1:00 PM: Opening ceremony (includes a brief talk by San Antonio Missions National Historical Park Superintendent Mardi Arce and a showing of the short film “Gente de Razón,” about the San Antonio Missions.)
- 2:00pm-5:00 PM: Start Window / Registration for Friday Friendship Walks.
- 8:00 PM: Finish time for Friday Friendship Walks
SATURDAY, 25 February, 2017
The 42K marathon goes to the four UNESCO World Heritage designated Spanish Missions and Mission Reach, before returning. The 20km route goes only to Mission Concepción and Mission San José, before returning. The 10km route goes only to Mission Concepción and back. The 5km route explores the area south of the event hotel, including the historic King William area.
- 6:45-7:15 AM: Express Start Window / Registration for walkers participating in the 42K Marathon Walk
- 8:00 – 10:00 AM: Start Window / Registration for all walks and bikes
- 5:30 PM: Finish time for all walks and bikes
- 5:45 PM: Group walk to Pico de Gallo Restaurant (111 S Leona) for dinner
- 6:00 – 8:00 PM: Group dinner with Mariachis at Pico de Gallo Restaurant,
SUNDAY, 26 February, 2017
The 23km route goes north along the River Walk, through Brackenridge Park and Trinity University. The 15km route turns around at the Pearl and the 5km goes to the Alamo and back.
- 9:00 – 9:30 AM: Express Registration / Start Window for 23K walkers
- 9:30 – 11:00 AM : Registration / Start Window for all walkers and Bike
- 4:00 PM Finish table will close
- 4:15 – 4:45 PM: Closing Ceremony